
We have been having the most amazing weather, cool and foggy in the morning and sunny afternoons that are perfect for playing outside. Some people call this "June Gloom", but where we live the fog lifts much earlier in the day and it is perfect.
Saturday Maddie got a chance to garden with Nana and repositioned the sunflowers she gave Mom for Mother's Day. She also planted morning glories and some other flowers. Starting Sunday Maddie got a fever, so she stayed home today. I signed Maddie up for Summer Preschool today, and I am very excited about the new friends she will make this summer.
Saturday Maddie got a chance to garden with Nana and repositioned the sunflowers she gave Mom for Mother's Day. She also planted morning glories and some other flowers. Starting Sunday Maddie got a fever, so she stayed home today. I signed Maddie up for Summer Preschool today, and I am very excited about the new friends she will make this summer.
Skyler did go to school today, he has escaped the nasty little bug that Maddie has. He really is enjoying his school and his friends. Each day we see more social development and verbal progress from him. He made a beautiful finger-painted butterfly, and even brought home an early Father's Day gift for Dad. I talked to the director of the preschool and she said that they were practicing "graduation" last week and the 2 year olds were really cute. We get to see them on Wednesday. I can't wait. It will be Skyler's first time on stage.
The past week was full of school and afternoon activities. Maddie loves going swimming on Fridays, however, Skyler has not liked getting into the pool. This past Friday he did so good, though. He stayed in the pool an entire hour and only cried the first 10 minutes. Floating around on a big duck, splashing, and watching Mom blow bubbles really distracted him from his fears.
Another exciting thing is Grandma and Grandpa have come to the Central Coast for a visit. So far only Dad has seen them, but we will get to visit on Thursday.
.jpg)