Mark's friend Greg called, and we were talking about the weather, which made me realize I do take the beautiful weather for granted sometimes (Greg and his family live outside Portland). Even once and a while find myself complaining about the things that come along with this nice weather. Yesterday our high was 94 degrees, so that does bring out the little flies that are referred to as "pesky".
We did go for a walk today down at the beach and ran into Uncle Dave and Aunt Rae. It is the second time we have seen them there. It is such a nice walk. Maddie and Aunt Rae had a nice little chat. Later on, about half way through the walk, we were under the trees and I felt something gently land on my head. Yep, a bird pooped on me. So, you can imagine how much I wanted to get home after that!
Maddie told me earlier this week that she wanted to make me a cake for Mother's day, so she and Daddy had their little cooking project in the kitchen. Maddie loves to cook and was very happy to do so with her Daddy. Mark wants to start early on the cake, but I needed to remind him it was for Mother's day, which is tomorrow.
We have no big plans for the weekend, just church in the morning and watch a DVD tonight after the kids go to bed. Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there!
.jpg)